- Functions with regard to approving the personnel staff for the Western Provincial Council and maintaining the number of employees within the approved cadre.
- Functions with regard to preparation of procedures, recruitments and approving service minutes.
- Giving recommendations for all establishment functions as on confirming, terminating of the service of the employees of the Western Provincial Council, efficiency bar, promotions, retirements, releasing etc.
- Holding annual transfer boards of the posts of which the Chief Secretary has the transfer authority, interprovincial transfers and internal transfers.
- Functions with regard to conducting training programmes, workshops and seminars to develop life skills, knowledge and attitudes of the officers.
- Functions with regard to providing foreign trainings for the officers.
- Collecting personnel information of the Western Provincial Council and up to date maintenance of them.